What is the Motability Scheme?
The Motability Scheme is a programme designed to provide people with disabilities access to affordable vehicles. Through the scheme, recipients can lease a car, scooter, or powered wheelchair in exchange for their mobility allowance. This includes the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance, the Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment, the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement, or the Armed Forces Independence Payment. The scheme also includes support for insurance, maintenance, and breakdown assistance.
Lexus is currently apart of the Motability Scheme. They offer one model, the Lexus UX, with two different options including a hybrid and electric varient.
Lexus UX on Motability
The Lexus UX is a crossover SUV and the brand’s entry model. The UX offers quirky styling, an upgraded large infotainment touchscreen, great safety technology and plenty of space for four adults.
The Lexus UX is available on the Motability with two trim levels:
- Lexus UX 250h 2.0 F-Sport Design 5dr CVT - Available from £2,995 Advanced Payment
- Lexus UX 300e 150kW 72.8 kWh 5dr E-CVT - Available from £3,995 Advanced Payment
Competitors on the Motability Scheme
- Volkswagen T-Cross 1.0 TSI 110 Black Edition DSG 5DR - Available from £1,099 Advanced Payment
- SEAT Ateca 1.5 TSI EVO FR SPORT 5DR - Available from £1,495 Advanced Payment
- Audi Q4 e-tron 150kW 40 82.77kWh Sport 5dr Auto Estate - Available from £5,999 Advanced Payment