Audi Warranty T&C's
What is covered under Audi Warranty?
You are covered for the costs (limited to parts and labour inclusive of VAT up to the maximum claim limit) of repairing or replacing the covered components below that have suffered a sudden electrical or mechanical failure occurring within the area of cover and during the period of cover.
What is covered
All electrical and mechanical factory-fitted components are covered against sudden electrical or mechanical failure.
Replacement parts and labour will be paid for with the following exceptions:
- Routine servicing (all parts replaced associated with routine servicing are excluded)
- All bodywork, glass (including heated rear screens) and seals
- All adjustments, cambelt timing, diesel pump timing or cleaning
- Bulbs, including Xenon and fuses
- CV boot gaiters
- Exhaust systems catalytic (converters are covered for internal failure)
- Upholstery, interior and exterior trims
- Non-Manufacturer’s Original Parts
- Tyres and wheels
- Un-encased drive belts
- Wiper blades and arms
- Wiring and connections (including HT leads and aerial coaxial cables)
- Worn brake discs, drums and frictional material
- Worn clutch pressure plates, bearings and frictional material
- Coolant pipes and Hoses
Should a valid claim for a covered component require essential replacement or topping up of lubricants, fluids, oils, oil filters, coolant or refrigerant, these items shall be covered as part of the total claim provided that the covered vehicle is not within 1,000 miles or one month of its next due service. Casings are covered when damaged by a covered component which has suffered an electrical or mechanical failure and which forms part of a valid claim under this cover
- This cover does not cover any injury, failure, loss or damage caused by, arising from or in connection with the following:
- Corrosion, frost, salt, hail, windstorms, lightning, airborne fallout, (e.g. chemicals, tree sap, bird droppings, etc), water ingress or flooding.
- Any defect which is likely to have existed before the period of cover.
- Wear and tear, normal deterioration, routine servicing, maintenance.
- Faulty repairs, incorrect servicing or failure to have the covered vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification.
- Lack of oil, fuel, lubricants, hydraulic fluids or additives; or foreign matter entering the fuel, cooling, air conditioning or lubrication systems; or use of oil, fuel, lubricants, hydraulic fluids or additives which the manufacturer of the covered vehicle does not recommend.
- Vehicles modified in any way from the original manufacturer’s specification.
- Any loss where the speedometer has been tampered with, altered, disconnected or where the mileage of the covered vehicle cannot be verified; or where you or anyone else acting on your behalf acts in a way that prevents us from exercising our right to inspect the covered vehicle under this cover.
- Damage or failure caused by an excluded component.
- If the vehicle has been used for competitions of any kind, racing, pacemaking, rallies, off road use including track days, for any form of hire or reward and usage for or by driving schools.
- Losses or damage due in any way to any type of accident, misuse or any act or omission which is wilful, unlawful or negligent.
- Any component which is either subject to recall by the covered vehicle’s manufacturer, manufacturing defect or inherent design faults.
- Electrical or mechanical failure which happens outside the area of cover.
- Cleaning, polishing, operations performed under normal maintenance, adjustments, modifications, alteration, tampering, disconnection, improper adjustments or repairs.
- We will pay for damage caused to a covered part if caused by another covered part.
- We will not pay for any damage to parts not covered by this warranty even if the damage is caused by a covered part.
- We will not pay for any depreciation to your covered vehicle, loss of earnings, death or bodily injury, damage to property or any other loss or damage which is a direct or indirect result of the failure of a covered item.
- As your policy is intended to cover the repair and/or replacement of defective or damaged parts, it does not additionally cover losses that may be caused by that defective or damaged part, unless otherwise stated in the policy terms and conditions. For example, your policy may cover repairs to or replacement of a wheel bearing but would not cover any loss of earnings that you may suffer while your covered vehicle is being repaired.
- You should check whether you have any other insurance policies that may cover additional damage or related costs or losses not covered by this cover.
- Ionising radiation or radioactive contamination from any nuclear fuel or the nuclear waste arising from burning nuclear fuel.
- Radioactive, toxic, explosive or other dangerous properties of any explosive nuclear equipment or nuclear part of that equipment.
- Acts of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, terrorism, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, riot or civil commotion, explosions, fire, radiation and falling objects.
- Pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
- Any costs covered under any other warranty, insurance or cover.
- Any damage which has occurred as a result of accidental damage or impact of whatever nature to either the covered vehicle or the persons.
- This cover will not cover any loss, damage or failure caused wholly or partially from lack of maintenance, abuse or neglect or as a result of accident. It will not cover pre-existing faults or a gradual reduction in operating performance that is commensurate with the age and mileage of the vehicle.
- Any vehicle which is owned by a business formed for the purposes of selling or servicing motor vehicles
- The car must not be used for hire or reward, commercial use, professional instruction, competition or off-road use, motor rally, speed or duration tests or any practice for these events.
- The quality of the Warranty repairs will be the responsibility of Audi Centre or any other Audi authorised repairer.
- Emergency service vehicles.
- Your car must not be one of the following: all American, Australian and Canadian cars (unless built for the UK), AC, Aston Martin, Bentley, Bristol, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, Morgan, Porsche (not Boxster), Rolls Royce, TVR, stretched limousines, kit cars, cars modified outside manufacturer’s specification.
For full terms and conditions please refer to the: Audi Approved Warranty Handbook