Find out about our Workmanship warranty policy:
1. Duration of Warranty
- All work carried out by a Citroën Authorised Repairer such as Swansway Chester is warranted for a period of 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever is the sooner, from date of being carried out.
- The date of the work being carried out is that of the date when the Citroën Authorised Repairer completed the work.
- The relevant proof of purchase must be available for inspection by the Citroën Authorised Repairer if requested.
- Work carried out under this warranty does not carry a further 6 months or 6000 miles warranty, but only on the unexpired portion of the warranty on the original purchase.
- A Citroën Authorised Repairer’s obligations are limited under this warranty to repair or replacement (at its discretion).
- Parts removed for replacement under this warranty automatically become the property of Citroën UK.
3. Change in ownership
In the case of change of ownership of a vehicle which has had work carried out, the benefit of the warranty may be passed on to the new owner of the vehicle providing that the proof of purchase (such as original invoice and receipt) shall be proven by the new owner to the Citroën Authorised Repairer’s reasonable satisfaction.
This Warranty does not cover:
- Where the work carried out is affected by improper operation of the vehicle, vehicle modification or alteration, extreme natural elements (including fire or flood), accident, neglect, abuse or damage, in all cases whether wilful or otherwise.
- Where the vehicle has been used for competition, racing or records attempts.
- Wear and tear commensurate with the use and mileage of the vehicle.
- Any costs related to vehicle recovery, loss of use of any vehicle, alternate vehicle procurement, or fault diagnosis.
- Work carried out under the terms of the new vehicle contractual warranty.
- Any consequential or indirect loss or damage, or loss of profits.
If you have any questions, please contact Swansway Chester Citroën on 01244 752538, or please make an enquiry.