Trainee Service Advisor Job Description
- To ensure that customers vehicles need the repairs/servicing detailed on the job card and that customers sign the relevant section on the job card in agreement.
- To ensure the customer is advised as to the type, range and cost
- Agree method of payment before work commences and obtain repair order customer signature.
- Ensure payment for repairs and service to vehicles is collected as per company policy.
- To ensure correct procedures are adopted for verification of payment by cheque, credit card or charge card.
- Ensure all warranty work has been identified, explained and signed for by the customer.
- Load the workshop accurately using the agreed service loading system.
- To accurately maintain document control systems.
- To ensure customers are made aware of vehicle defects and that they sign a declaration prior to taking the vehicle away without repair.
- To constantly review all areas of responsibility, and discuss with the Service Manager any ideas that may be had for improvement or change.
- of the repair order, and to follow up any incomplete work or future requirements the vehicle may have for repair or service.
Responsible for Recall Campaigns off dialog. Ensure all affected vehicles are identified by recall and communicated to all Service and Sales staff. Carry out checks with Workshop Foreman on all vehicles in for service and repairs for any outstanding recalls through dialog. Liase with Parts Manager in ensuring all parts are available for recall action, update recall manual and advise and assist workshop staff as required on safety actions.
- To ensure all additional work is authorised and accurately recorded.
- Maintain effective liaison with customers and other members of dealership staff.
- Present completed vehicles to the customer, advising of any future requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction with the work carried out.
- Ensure adequate display of promotional material is available for customer use.
- To advise the Service Manager of all customer problems and departmental problems.
- To supervise and assume responsibility for customer vehicles, keys and workshop parking as well as the accurate recording and processing of daily cash and cheques.
- Ensure any interpretation of warranty work and the policy on a warranty claim is clearly explained to the customer.
- Ensure courteous use of telephone, adhering to company and manufacturer policies.
- Maintain a high standard of dress and conduct at all times, and ensure the cleanliness of the reception area at all times.
- Presentation of the capabilities of the department to the customer as a contribution towards the reputation of the dealership and services offered.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- To maintain acceptable standards of dress and conduct at all times.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with customers and other staff members.
- Ability to accurately record all relevant information.
- Ability to receive and register payment for work carried out, accurately and precisely.
- Up-to-date knowledge of warranty procedures and documentation.
- Up-to-date knowledge, where appropriate, of computerised recording procedures.
- Ability to handle upset customers effectively.
- Training in telephone answering techniques and customer satisfaction methods.
- Maintain knowledge of warranty, customer care and goodwill procedures, and thorough knowledge of manufacturers information bulletins and Service Information.
- Completion of Manufactures training courses as appropriate.